Welcome to Year 3
Class teacher: Mrs Greenhalgh, supported by Miss Wylie and Mrs Hill
Spring Term 2 – February 2020
This term in Year 3:
Spring Term 1 – January 2020
This term in Year 3 we will be learning:
reading and studying Mouse, Bird, Snake, Wolf by David Almond with a focus on play scripts
- continuing with our phonics and spelling programme called Read, Write Inc for some children whilst others will access the comprehension program Cracking Comprehension
focusing on further multiplication and division using more formal methods.
- Geography: What makes the Earth angry? Looking at volcanoes and earthquakes and different types of extreme weather.
understanding “What is a force?” focusing on different types of forces, magnets, magnet strength, identifying magnetic materials, finding out why magnets attract and repel each other.
- RE: Jesus the man who changed lives: The impact that Jesus had on different peoples lives
- PSHE and Worship:
core value: Love
Things to note :
- P.E = Thursday
- Learning log = Thursday
- Spellings given on Monday, tested on Friday
- Library = Thursday
How to support at home :
- encourage reading as much as possible with a minimum of 15 minutes daily
- recite quickfire number facts such as multiplication of 3, 4 and 8
- play “hit the button” (online)
- encouraging independence, ensuring homework is complete and handed in weekly.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR QUERIES PLEASE CONTACT A MEMBER OR STAFF J