This curriculum will be reviewed in the Autumn term, each class will be taught Computing by Technola and we will be adapting our curriculum accordingly.
Aims and objectives
Within our teaching we aim to:
- Provide an exciting, rich, relevant and challenging Computing curriculum for all pupils.
- Enthuse and equip children with the capability to use technology throughout their lives.
- Give children access to a variety of high quality hardware, software and unplugged resources.
- Instil critical thinking, reflective learning and a ‘can do’ attitude for all our pupils, particularly when engaging with technology and its associated resources
- Teach pupils to become responsible, respectful and competent users of data, information and communication technology.
- Teach pupils to understand the importance of governance and legislation regarding how information is used, stored, created, retrieved, shared and manipulated.
- Equip pupils with skills, strategies and knowledge that will enable them to reap the benefits of the online world, whilst being able to minimise risk to themselves or others.
- Use technology imaginatively and creatively to inspire and engage all pupils, as well as using it to be more efficient in the tasks associated with running an effective school.
- Provide technology solutions for forging better home and school links.
- Utilise computational thinking beyond the Computing curriculum.
- Exceed the minimum government recommended/statutory guidance for programmes of study for Computing and other related legislative guidance (online safety).