Our 2020 Vision for Holy Trinity
Holy Trinity CE Primary will be a successful church school:
- where children are valued and inspired to become lifelong learners and achieve their potential.
- which works in partnership with parents and the wider community.
- which fosters an understanding of spirituality, of all faiths and cultures within our caring multicultural community and of the world around us.
- where children understand their rights and responsibilities and respect themselves and others.
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum which enriches, motivates and challenges children.
- Ensure teaching is irresistible and inspiring with exciting experiences which capture the imagination.
- Achieve higher standards and accelerated progress through quality first teaching and carefully targeted support.
- Recruit, develop and train high calibre staff with a continuous drive for improvement and innovation.
- Develop a senior leadership team and board of governors who monitor, challenge and support all staff to promote outstanding achievements in all aspects of school life.
- Value the achievements and successes of every individual in our school.
- Encourage a positive partnership with parents by providing support and advice on helping their children learn.
- Work effectively with parents and give them information they need to develop a conversation about their children’s progress and next steps in their learning.
- Provide support and advice to parents and families in times of crisis.
- Engage with external agencies when necessary to ensure that children are given the best possible opportunities to be safe, secure, happy and healthy.
- Make links with organisations and religious groups in the local and wider community, encouraging working partnerships.
- Maintain and develop links with our parish of Roch Valley through regular visits and joint events.
- Promote the wonders of our world and the intrinsic value of life.
- Give children opportunities to grow in understanding of the Christian faith.
- Help children develop their own values and beliefs whilst respecting the religious and moral values of others.
- Raise children’s cultural and spiritual awareness through appreciation of the arts and sciences and develop an empathy with the world around us.
- Promote British values in our multicultural community.
- Provide opportunities for children to contribute their ideas and thoughts about school life through a school council.
- Encourage children to take on responsibilities appropriate to their age throughout the school.
- Help the children to understand, appreciate and play a role in the community and world in which they live and prepare them for their future as adults.
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens. Our values are Love, Respect, Thanksgiving, Friendship and Trust.