Aims and Objectives
At Holy Trinity our PSHE education is a planned programme of learning opportunities to help our children develop as happy, confident individuals, preparing them to become valuable and responsible members of their communities in modern Britain.
Through our PSHE education we aim to promote children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development alongside embedding British Values to empower children to lead healthy, safe and fulfilled lives.
Our school’s overarching intent for our pupils is to provide a PSHE education programme of study which ensures all pupils are provided with:
- accurate, balanced and relevant knowledge.
- learning opportunities to turn that knowledge into personal understanding and application.
- opportunities to explore, clarify and if necessary challenge, their own and others’ values, attitudes, beliefs, rights and responsibilities.
- the skills, language and strategies they need in order to live healthy, safe, fulfilling responsible and balanced lives.
- opportunities to develop positive personal attributes such as resilience, self-confidence, self-esteem and empathy.
- learning opportunities to enable them to appreciate what it means to be a positive, tolerant member of a diverse multicultural society.